- To provide a time for students to participate in challenging and inspiring experiential learning opportunities that are not offered in our regular academic and extracurricular programs.
- To engage students and faculty in immersive learning.
- To provide a change of pace and build community; a chance to collaborate with an unfamiliar cross-section of peers and adults in exceptional and refreshingly new circumstances.
- To offer courses that require intellectual involvement outside of an academic setting.
- To give students and faculty the opportunity to learn and teach experientially, broaden perspectives and horizons, and expand our knowledge of ourselves, each other, and the world.