Local Summer Reading Programs
FOR YOUNG ADULTS OF ALL AGES -- FIND GOOD BOOKS ALL YEAR LONG!
- 2012 Oregon Reader's Choice Awards: established last year by Oregon Library Association, the ORCA award lists offer students a variety of good reading suggestions at three grade levels.
- Best Books for Young Adults 2012: books chosen by YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association), and recommended for ages 12 – 18.
- The Book Network: recent titles suggested for 7th & 8th grade readers
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Books for Youth, 2011: best books from 2011, selected and annotated (1/10) by Booklist editors for readers aged 12 - 18.
- National Endowment for the Humanities: Edsitement's Recommended Reading List fo the College Bound recommends books for all ages.
- Multnomah County Library: Adult and Teen Booklists by category
- NoveList: One of our subscription databases, NoveList provides subject heading access, reviews, annotations, and much more for over 120,000 fiction titles.
- OES Middle School Summer Reading Program 2012
- Oregon Battle of the Books 2012:sponsored by the Oregon Association of School Libraries, books on this list are recommended for grades 6-8.
- 2012 Parkway Summer Reading List: students in gades 6 - 9
- TeenReads: Cool and New books: a great site for reviews, author interviews, and an opportunity to express your own views about books. It’s easy to find lists of books from your favorite genre, too. Just type in mystery (or horror or romance. . .) and a dozen suggestions appear! (Ages 13 – 19)