About Parent Community Link
The Parent Community Link, the OES parent community coordinating committee, meets monthly. Its purpose is to help build community for OES families, oversee the volunteer program at OES, and to act as a communication link for community-wide interests and activities in cooperation with the Parent Association Links (PALs), School administration, and the OES Board of Trustees. PCL operates in support of the Mission of Oregon Episcopal School, maintains a budget, and practices sound fiscal policies. PCL supports fundraising at OES. The chair and lead committee members conduct a year-end evaluation of PCL's goals, charges and structure, and make recommendations for its future.
The goals and charges for PCL are:
- Plan and implement activities and events that promote a sense of community for the entire School.
- Support and promote PAL activities in each division.
- Enhance interaction among parents, faculty, administration and students.
- Support and promote all school and divisional parent education and cultural programs.
- Promote volunteerism and increase parent participation.
- Continue to implement a formal structure for the management of the OES volunteer force at the community-wide level.
- Foster a sense of teamwork and common purpose between faculty/staff and volunteers.
- Further define, clarify, and communicate plans for volunteer recognition.
- Enhance communication and interaction among parents, faculty, administration, and students.
- Coordinate PAL communications in all divisions.
- Plan, implement, and maintain an OES parent community website in coordination with OES staff.
- Support community forums on topics of interest and/or concern.
The membership of the Parent Community Link includes the following people:
- Chairperson of the Parent Community Link, who is an ex officio member of the Board of Trustees.
- Community Building Coordinator
- All School Volunteer Coordinator
- Communications Coordinator
- All School Treasurer
- Chair and co-chair of Lower School Parent Association Link
- Divisional Volunteer Coordinators
- Lower, Middle, and Upper School Grade Representatives
- Division Heads
- Head of School
- Associate Head of School
- Director of Studies
- Director of Admissions
- Director of Advancement
- Director of Marketing and Communications
- Chief Financial Officer
- Head Chaplain
- Athletic Director
- Chairpersons or Coordinators of communitywide activities such as Community Diversity Link, Friends of the OES Library, Homecoming, Auction, OES Fund, and Parent Service Learning Liaison
- PCL Advisory Team: President of the Board of Trustees and Past PCL Chair
Please participate. Attend your divisional PAL meetings or coffees. Call if you have questions. All numbers are listed in The OES Directory.