SPRING TERM: 4/3 - 6/16/2017 PRE-K THROUGH GRADE 5
SCHEDULE and INFORMATION
- Extension will host activities on all regular school days from dismissal at 2:55 pm until 6:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Extension will also offer activities on "No School" days.
- Activities are offered daily in two sessions: Session 1 from 3:00-4:30 pm. and Session 2 from 4:30-6:00 pm.
- Activities that do not reach a minimum student enrollment may be cancelled. In this case, the Extension office will communicate options by email or phone.
- Extension will post fall activities in August, winter activities in December, and both spring and summer activities in February.
REGISTRATION and BILLING
- There will be three registration options on the website, and all activities will be billed through the Business Office and added to student accounts.
- ACTIVITIES BY TERM - Registering for one or multiple days of the week each term is the best option.
- ACTIVITIES BY YEAR - also known as "Full Year Option" - Register
- ACTIVITIES BY DROP-IN:
- We make every effort to accommodate all OES parents, so please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance for days you will need care.
- Drop-in students will be placed in the "Home Base" activity.
- The hourly/drop-in fee will be charged at $9.15 per hour (PreK-4th grade) or $8.25 per hour (5th grade), with fees calculated and prorated by the minute. Hourly Extension is billed by the month and will appear on the following month's statement from the business office.
- Due to space and planning limitations, we are unable to guarantee drop-in care.
- If you wish to make a change in your child's participation in the Extension program which will affect your original billing status, please notify us by the first of the month. The change will be effective the following month. The first change is free, and a fee of $20.00 is charged for each subsequent change.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis through the PCR parent portal.
- Beginning Years Home Base and Intermediate Years Home Base reflect the previous "EC" classroom.
- Click the "Register here" in the right margin to log-in to the PCR parent portal and register by clicking the "After School" tab at the top of the home page.
- You will be billed the full class fee if notice of cancellation is given less than a week prior to the start of a class.
- LATE FEES:If you are detained and pick your child up after 6 pm, there is a late fee of $1.00/minute, computed by the quarter hour. We appreciate everyone being on time. It is a good idea to have a back-up plan for those days when you are unavoidably late. Please give us a call if you know you will be late so we can plan staff accordingly. OES reserves the right to exclude families with repeated late pick ups.
CHANGES IN SCHEDULE and DAILY COMMUNICATIONS - All changes in schedule should go through the firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible so that a drop-in request might be accommodated. Please email the Extension Office at email@example.com or call at 503.416.9500 with any concerns or questions. You can reach EC staff after 2:00 p.m. by calling 503.416.9500
AFTER SCHOOL SCHEDULE:
- 2:55 pm - Beginning Years students (PreK-1st grade) will check in at the First Floor Affinity Commons and playground. Intermediate Years students (2-5th grade) will check in at the LS Dining commons.
- 2:55 - 3:25 pm - Welcome activities, snack and recess. Note - depending on teachers' schedules, some classes will start earlier and end earlier. In these cases, students will be taken back to the dismissal area and join Home Base.
- 3:20 pm - Activity Session 1
- 4:30 pm - Dismissal of Activity Session 1
- Parent/Guardian Pick-up Beginning Years (PreK-1st) students at First Floor Affinity Commons.
- Parent/Guardian Pick-up Intermediate Years (2-5th) students at LS Dining Commons
- 5:00 - 6:00 pm - Pre-K - 5th join together in the Dining Commons for Home Base, recess and snack.
DISMISSAL OF CLASSES and SIGN-OUT POLICY: Parents or authorized pick-up persons must sign out all students, unless the Extension or LS Office is otherwise notified. Before you leave the program, please let the staff know that you are taking your child and sign out. Instructors will accompany remaining students back to their proper location at the end of the class if parents have not picked up their child. Parents are charged the hourly rate if not picked up at the end of class. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to add an authorized pick-up to your student's record. If your child will be picked up by someone not listed on the Authorization Form, we will need an email or a phone message giving permission before we can let your child go. Staff will check id for proof of identity of anyone we do not recognize.
NO SCHOOL DAYS: All Day Activities offered on various "No School" days. Registration will be available through the PCR parent portal. On some non-school days, advance registration is required. Information and registration forms will be posted in Wednesday Express and emailed to parents several weeks prior to these dates. To secure a space, a completed registration form must be received by the due date. The nonrefundable, nontransferable payment will be billed to your student's account. OES will not provide transportation to and from school on No School days.
EXTENSION LOCATIONS: TBD by registration
STUDENT SUPPORT and DISCIPLINE: On a day-to-day basis, we will reinforce positive behavior in accordance with OES policies and practices. We will encourage talking things out and problem solving. In cases of continuing conflicts, we will seek parental involvement. OES reserves the right to exclude from EC students whose behavior is disruptive or dangerous to others.
POLICIES FOR CLOSURES, MEDICATIONS, HEALTH & SAFETY: The Extension Program will follow the same procedures regarding these policies as apply to the Lower School in general.
SNACKS: All children are offered nutritious snacks and beverages in the Extension Program by the OES catering company Bon Appetit. If your child has special dietary needs, please discuss this with the staff. No peanuts, peanut butter, or other nut products will be served in the OES dining commons or in the Lower School.
- If you cancel with less than a one week notice, you will be billed for the full class fee (unless we are able to add an additional student through our waitlist).
- Canceling with more than a one week notice results in no fee charged.